Nylon is specifically designed for 3D Printing applications where excellent
surface bonding, reduced water absorption, tear resistance and dye absorption
are combined in an easy-to-print line. Taulman 618 Prints as a bright natural to
white with a translucent surface. It's possible to add colour with most common
We currently sell Taulman 618 Nylon filament in spools of 450 grams.
Features of Taulman 618 filament:
- Taulman 618 Nylon is Manufactured in the U.S.A.;
- Taulman 618's bonding is best at a true 245C;
- Taulman 618 Nylon does not emit any fumes for printing;
- Taulman 618 Nylon meets the EU's "REACH" requirements as defined by the ECHA European Chemicals Agency. There are NO additives or chemicals in 618 that are listed in the REACH Directive. 618 Contains NO toxic chemicals and is "inert" to the body;
- As strong as injection molded parts;
- Parts 3D Printed with taulman 618 Nylon will be instantly recognizable as Nylon rather than any other plastic;
- Taulman 618 Nylon is machinable with similar settings and cutting speeds as used in Cast Nylon blocks.
Tips and Tricks for using Taulman 618 Nylon filament:
- Taulman 618 Nylon does not stick to glass or aluminum print tables. Use a flat piece of unfinished poplar wood instead;
- Prints from 235C to 280C. 240C-250C is best for most parts at average printing speeds;
- The printing speed is printer dependent. Printing with a speed of 28mm/s to 34mm/s in general perform well.